Hello, my name is Leanne Longeway,
And here are some short and sweet facts about me:
1. Masters in Counselling Degree (MC)
2. Registered Clinical Counsellor (RCC)
3. Canadian Certified Counsellor (CCC)
4. Registered Canadian Art Therapist (RCAT)
5. Retired certified BC educator (20 years teaching secondary school).
6. Practicing Artist, constantly seeking ways to let my artistic spirit out to play!
7. Mother of 3, grandmother to 2, with a dynamic family life filled with energy!
8. I readily admit and celebrate being a lifelong learner!
9. Love and appreciate every moment outside experiencing nature.
10. Enjoy the outdoor treasure hunt of searching for fossils.
11. I nurture the child within me with spontaneity and whimsy.
12. Being authentic and genuine are 2 of my guideposts in life.
13. Very passionate about reading books (both fiction and non-fiction).
14. Learned how to be a tattoo artist at the age of 49! It was an "if not now, then when" approach to fulfilling an earlier goal in life.
15. LOVE to plant gardens and struggle to weed the same gardens.
16. Willing share life hacks such as: having strategic lighting as a remedy to mute the presence of dust bunnies.
Counselling & Art Therapy Modalities
The evidenced-based therapy models I use when working with clients:
For more information about:
~My formal credentials, please continue to scroll down this page.
~My personal story, please use the link below or (click on my image).
Thank you for your interest!
Masters Degree in Counselling (MC)
from City University, Seattle.
Diploma in Advanced Art Therapy (DVATI) from Vancouver Art Therapy Institute.
Bachelor Degree in Fine Art (BFA)
from the Alberta University of the Arts
Diploma with Distinction in Visual Art from the Alberta College of Art & Design
Professional Registered Clinical Counsellor with the British Columbia Association of Clinical Counsellors (BCACC)
Professional Registered Member with the Canadian Counselling & Psychotherapy Association (CCPA)
RCAT # 330-R-22
Professional Registered Member with the Canadian Art Therapist Association (CATA).
British Columbia Art Therapist Association (BCATA).
Ministry of Education
Province of British Columbia.
I am grateful to be living and working within the unceded territory
of the Liǧʷiłdax̌ʷ peoples in the community of ƛəmataxʷ, Campbell River, BC.
I honor the relationships with the WeWaiKai, WeiWaiKum, and Kwiakah Nations, along with the Homalco, Coast Salish, Klahoose, K'omoks, Metis and Inuit Indigenous peoples.
I am thankful for, and wish to respectfully acknowledge their generosity of spirit
and their historical and ongoing stewardship of these beautiful lands.